I want to win the golden boot at the end of the season - Timothy Otieno
Tusker FC forward Timothy Otieno was named the Sports Journalist Player of the month of November on Wednesday.
Otieno battled for the gong alongside Brian Nyakan of Sofapaka and Ulinzi Stars striker Oscar Wamalwa.
The Tusker star noted the award did not come as a surprise as his team showed great character in the top flight. He also thanked his teammates for helping him achieve the feat.
“I knew the award was not far off because of the kind of run the team has had and credit to my teammates for helping me get this recognition,” said Otieno on Wednesday.
The forward pointed out that he now wants to net eight goals in the remaining 16 league games as he aspires to grab the golden boot at the end of the season.
“That month got me called up to the national team and I want to keep scoring to maintain my stay with Harambee Stars and help Kenya achieve something special.
“I also aspire to lay my hands on the golden boot. It has been my dream and I’ve tried to win it in the past but it looks feasible this season with the entire team firing on all cylinders. They can really help me win it,” an elated Otieno stated.
The former Gor Mahia and Posta Rangers star has scored nine goals, three shy of leading league top scorer Mark Makwatta of AFC Leopards.
- Real's Eden Hazard at risk for City clash after latest injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Messi scores four as Barcelona rout EibarFootball 2 days ago
- Ronaldo marks 1,000th game with record-equalling goalFootball 2 days ago
- Salazar link hit me financially and emotionally, says FarahAthletics 2 days ago
- Pilot in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash faulted for violating flight rules in 2015 caseBasketball 2 days ago
- Tuchel surprised by PSG players partying after Borussia defeatFootball 2 days ago
- Jesus strikes as Man City shrug off spot-kick jitters to beat LeicesterPremier League 2 days ago