Sinyolo and Kisumu Day crowned 2020 Biro Lich High School hockey champions
Kisumu County hockey champions Sinyolo Girls School and Kisumu Day are the 2020 Biro Lich High Schools champions of hockey.
Sinyolo dethroned defending champions Tigoi Girls from Vihiga County after edging them out 2-1 in the finals played at the Jomo Kenyatta Sportsground in Kisumu yesterday.
Consolate Awino and Mitchelle Akoth scored for the former East Africa hockey champions to win leaving head Coach Aloice Owino an elated man.
Speaking to the Standard Sports, Owino lauded his charges and said they are now going to focus on the Term One games.
“We have a new young squad that we are trying to gauge and am happy they played well throughout the two-day tournament. Our focus now turns to the upcoming games,” he said.
Sinyolo’s Mitchele Akoth was voted the Most Valuable player.
In the men’s final, Kisumu Day were crowned the new winners after defeating Oriwo High 2-0.
Defending champions Friends School Kamusinga were knocked out in the group stages paving the way for a new champion.
Lennox Omondi from Kisumu Day was voted the Most Valuable Player.
- Johanna Omolo Foundation donates food to Dandora residents amid looming Coronavirus curfew in KenyaFootball 2 days ago
- Coronavirus: Israel-based Chemos fears for his lifeVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Athletes qualified for Tokyo 2020 to keep spots in 2021Football 2 days ago
- Doping: Coronavirus will not be opportunity for drug cheats says WADA chiefAthletics 2 days ago
- Return of Premier League football: English leagues say facing difficult decisions over virus impactFootball 2 days ago
- Listen to former FKF boss Hatimy, Twaha tells MwendwaFootball 1 day ago
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 1 day ago