Ashley Young’s transfer move to Inter Milan could now be in doubt
Ashley Young’s proposed move to Inter Milan from Manchester United is reportedly in danger of falling through.
The Red Devils captain is understood to have recently turned down a new contract at Old Trafford with the view of joining the Serie A club but a move could now be in doubt.
However, United are understood to be unwilling to sell him during the current window and Sky in Italy report that Inter have now turned their attention to Roma defender Leonardo Spinazzola.
It is claimed that Antonio Conte’s side are close to agreeing a swap deal that would see winger Matteo Politano join Roma and that completing that transfer would end their interest in Young.
Young’s transfer window woes come after Solskjaer played down speculation linking the club captain with a move to Serie A leaders Inter Milan this month and hinted the full-back will be staying at Old Trafford.
"Ashley Young is our player and our captain," the United manager added. "We have to handle the speculation and if it is needed, me and Ash will have a discussion.
"We don't have too many players fit and ready and we need the ones we have. Ash has been very good for this club. Let's see where we are in February."
Completing a move to Inter would see Young follow in the footsteps of strikers Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, who both joined the Serie A club in the summer.
He joined United from Aston Villa in 2011 for a fee of around £17m and has gone on to make 261 appearances for the Red Devils.
During his time with the club, the former Watford man has won the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League.
The winger turned full-back has featured in just 18 games for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side this season and was left out of the squad for the Carabao Cup semi-final against Manchester City on Tuesday.
- CAF bars Zimbabwe from hosting international matchesFootball 6 hours ago
- Chess: Nguku and Mongeli lead search for Olympiad vital slotsSports 1 day ago
- NSL: Bidco, Stima win in chase for KPL promotionFootball 1 day ago
- Golf: Snow storms to Tour lead at Karen ClubGolf 23 hours ago
- 'Racism has won,' says Chelsea defender RudigerFootball 2 days ago
- Shujaa hopeful of Main Cup Quarter final spotRugby 10 hours ago
- Ex-Arsenal Player sacked after child sex offences and molestationFootball 1 day ago