Ashley Young’s transfer move to Inter Milan could now be in doubt
Ashley Young’s proposed move to Inter Milan from Manchester United is reportedly in danger of falling through.
The Red Devils captain is understood to have recently turned down a new contract at Old Trafford with the view of joining the Serie A club but a move could now be in doubt.
However, United are understood to be unwilling to sell him during the current window and Sky in Italy report that Inter have now turned their attention to Roma defender Leonardo Spinazzola.
It is claimed that Antonio Conte’s side are close to agreeing a swap deal that would see winger Matteo Politano join Roma and that completing that transfer would end their interest in Young.
Young’s transfer window woes come after Solskjaer played down speculation linking the club captain with a move to Serie A leaders Inter Milan this month and hinted the full-back will be staying at Old Trafford.
"Ashley Young is our player and our captain," the United manager added. "We have to handle the speculation and if it is needed, me and Ash will have a discussion.
"We don't have too many players fit and ready and we need the ones we have. Ash has been very good for this club. Let's see where we are in February."
Completing a move to Inter would see Young follow in the footsteps of strikers Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, who both joined the Serie A club in the summer.
He joined United from Aston Villa in 2011 for a fee of around £17m and has gone on to make 261 appearances for the Red Devils.
During his time with the club, the former Watford man has won the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League.
The winger turned full-back has featured in just 18 games for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side this season and was left out of the squad for the Carabao Cup semi-final against Manchester City on Tuesday.
- Malian International Moussa Marega subtitutes himself after racist chantsFootball 2 days ago
- How Arsene Wenger plans to rewrite offside law in a bid to end VAR controversyFootball 11 hours ago
- Man United's Maguire should have seen red, says LampardFootball 1 day ago
- Manchester United's Maguire should have seen red, says LampardPremier League 1 day ago
- After UEFA ban, Mourinho jokes about Guardiola's 2018 titleFootball 2 days ago
- Boxing: Okwiri eyes gold Medal at Olympic qualifiers in DakarBoxing 2 days ago
- Barcelona given permission to sign forward this month by La LigaFootball 1 day ago