NSL: City Stars and Bidco United win to keep KPL dream alive
Nairobi City Stars maintained their lead at the top of the Betika Super League (BSL) after edging out Shabana 1-0 through Salim Abdalla, over the weekend.
The win saw the former Kenyan Premier League side remain top of the standings with 46 points, seven ahead of second-placed Bidco United, who thrashed Mount Kenya United 5-2 in a seven-goal thriller at Camp Toyoyo.
In an interview with Standard Sports, City Stars captain Calvins Masawa said they are keen on maintaining their lead as they focus on finishing top of the table and earn a ticket back to the KPL.
“We had a very dominant first leg last year and we are working as a team again to ensure we continue with the trend in the second leg. The boys are in top form and we are going to work hard to replicate the same form of last year ,” he said.
In Migori, third-placed Vihiga United played out to a barren draw against Migori Youth as Fortune Sacco ended Coast Stima’s fine run after edging them 2-1 in Kirinyaga.
“We played well but the boys lacked the finishing edge today. We missed clear goal-scoring opportunities,” Migori Youth coach Robert Ojienda said.
- It’s try time as star Ouma recalled ahead of USA legRugby 2 days ago
- FIA says Safari Rally will add adventure to World ChampionshipSports 2 days ago
- Ajowi among six Kenyan boxers given first round byesBoxing 2 days ago
- Tuwei and Kszczot set to clash in Madrid tonightAthletics 2 days ago
- KPL not sure of prize money for the on-going seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Why it is important for players to follow rules and respect othersGolf 2 days ago
- Eriksen scores first Inter goal, Ajax lose, United heldFootball 2 days ago