KPL: Bandari to strengthen during January transfer window
Kenyan Premier League (KPL) side Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala has said he will strengthen his team in the January transfer window.
The Dockers have struggled in the league this season and Mwalala thinks that there is a need for reinforcement.
The coastal side are currently placed 11th in the KPL table with 15 points, from 13 matches, 13 points adrift of table-topping Gor Mahia.
“Apart from the goalkeeping department, I think all the other ones need to be reinforced. We must get new players in to strengthen our defence, the midfield and the striking departments for sure,” Mwalala said.
“I think across the world and not Bandari alone, teams always look forward to the transfer window in order to reinforce their squad and seal areas of weakness."
The former Nzoia Sugar head coach also said the Dockers need to re-evaluate themselves and figure out what might not be working for them.
“It is now upon Bandari to go back to the drawing board and try to see what has gone wrong for us.
“This is a collective responsibility and I cannot pin the blame on an individual,” he added.
Meanwhile, a first-half brilliant goal by Wilberforce Lugogo and a stoppage-time winner by his Wycliffe Ochomo were enough to give Bandari a 2-1 win in a friendly match at the Mbaraki Sports Club on Saturday.
Clinton Ochieng scored for Stima.
Bandari were forced to play the friendly match after their opponents in a KPL tie Nzoia Sugar failed to travel to Mombasa to honour the match.
Bandari will be away in Nairobi on Wednesday for a midweek clash against Kariobangi Sharks.
The Dockers had mixed fortunes in 2019 after participating for the first time in the Super Cup tournament in Tanzania in January where they lost in the final 1-0 to Kariobangi Sharks.
However, the Dockers avenged the defeat by beating Kariobangi 3-1 on June 2 to win the FKF Shield Kasarani.
- Ronaldo names Messi as favourite player to watchFootball 1 day ago
- FKF polls: Football players want a quick resolution to poll crisis and credible exerciseFootball 1 hour ago
- Liverpool’s training return a massive lift for KloppFootball 1 day ago
- MLS players send new restart proposal to leagueFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea stars take the knee as Premier League stars lead way on Blackout TuesdayFootball 7 hours ago
- Fans could return for 20-21 season, says Premier League chiefFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Stars dust spikes in readiness for epic race on June 11Athletics 1 hour ago