City Stars go eight-points clear as Shabana bounce back
Nairobi City Stars continued their impressive start to the 2019-2020 Betika Super League after defeating relegation bound Administration Police 3-1 at Camp Toyoyo to stretch their unbeaten run to 17 games.
The win saw the Sanjin Alagi? coached side register their 13th win of the campaign and taking them eight points clear at the top of the standings with 43 points.
Speaking with Standard Sports, Alagi? praised his team and said he is confident his boys can go all the way to finish the season unbeaten.
“The team has performed exemplarily and I have full confidence that they will continue to improve week by week as the league continues. Despite only 17 matches played, I believe with the mentality and form we have now we can go all the way,” he said.
Nairobi Stima, on the other hand, maintained their second spot after playing to a barren draw against Bidco United in Karuturi. The draw saw the power men remain second in the standings with 35 points, two more than Bidco in third place.
In Gusii, Shabana ended their four-match winless streak by defeating visiting Migori Youth 3-2 to hand head coach Andrew Kanuli his second win since taking charge.
“We have had very disappointing results in the past four matches but am happy that is now behind us. Our focus is to build on this win going forward and move up the table,” Kanuli said.
Ushuru dropped remained sixth in the standings after losing 1-0 to former KPL side Vihiga United.
Coast Stima moved to seventh after their 3-1 win over APS Bomet as Muranga Seal edged out Modern Coast Rangers with a similar scoreline.
Mount Kenya United, however, played out a 2-2 draw against Muranga Seals as Kibera Black Stars thrashed Talanta 3-1.
- Someone predicted Kobe Bryant's Death Basketball 12 minutes ago
- Middlesbrough complete signing of Kenyan youngster defenderFootball 23 hours ago
- Shujaa miss semi-final berth in Hamilton 7s contestRugby 1 day ago
- Man United fined by FA for players misconductPremier League 2 days ago
- Kobe Bryant tributes led by Barack Obama , CR7 and Michael JordanBasketball 9 hours ago
- Man United predicted line up and team news for FA Cup trip to Tranmere RoversFootball 1 day ago
- Manchester United defender leaves Old Trafford on loanFootball 2 days ago