Kenya Cup: Impala beat Quins as Kabras Sugar win again
Impala Saracens recovered from last weekend’s loss to Nakuru RFC to beat neighbours Kenya Harlequin 27-19 in a Kenya Cup round seven match at the Impala Club yesterday.
The win, Impala’s fifth of the campaign, took their points tally to 25, nine adrift of leaders Kabras Sugar who extended their impressive run of form with a 47-0 thrashing of Western Bulls in Kakamega.
George Okowa crossed the whitewash for Impala’s first try which was converted by Quinto Ongo before Quins fought their way back into the match, cutting the deficit courtesy of Dominic Osino’s unconverted try.
The sides then traded five-pointers before Lyle Asiligwa struck a penalty to hand Quins a 13-12 lead at halftime.
A poor pass by Quins allowed Billy Omondi to make an intercept before racing to score between the sticks, a try which Ongo converted as the lead changed hands yet again.
Asiligwa returned to the score sheet with his second penalty before Steven Otieno extended Impala’s lead with a converted try which ensured they picked a winning bonus point.
In Kakamega, Timoci Sinaite bagged a hat-trick as the sugar millers maintained their perfect run in the Kenya Cup with a 47-0 win over Western Bulls in a one sided match played at the Bull Ring.
William Diffu, Eugene Sifuna, Hillary Mwanjilwa and Brian Juma each crossed the white wash with Ntabeni Dikusa and Kevin Keegan adding the extras to seal the millers seventh consecutive win.
“We played very well today and am happy our objectives towards the match were achieved. Our target now is to maintain our winning streak and finish top,” Kabras coach Henley Du Plessis said after the match.
- Why Tottenham Hotspur are finding it difficult to sell Victor WanyamaFootball 21 hours ago
- FA hit back at Klopp and Guardiola Premier League 2 days ago
- Cherono to lead Boston Marathon line upAthletics 2 days ago
- Napoli vs Juventus betting prediction from 22BetFootball 1 day ago
- Athletics Championships: Sports CS inspects World U-20 facilities at KUSports 20 hours ago
- Manchester United hilariously torn apart online after disastrous loss to BurnleyFootball 2 days ago
- PHOTOS: KDF Cross Country meet in ThikaAthletics 7 hours ago