NSL: Coast Stima shock Police as City Stars enjoy six-point lead
Coast Stima utilised their home advantage to thrash Kenya Police 7-0 as leaders Nairobi City Stars maintained their six-point lead at the helm of the Betika Super League.
Stars defeated St Joseph Youth 2-0 at Camp Toyoyo. Stima’s win saw them move 10th in the standings with 23 points as Police dropped to 13 with 20 points.
This was coach Paul Ogai's seventh win of the season after a slow start to the league.
Ogai credited the win to hard work and unmatched home support from their fans.
“We have been working as a united team and training hard after each game and we hope to maintain the winning form. The fans were great and we hope to continue winning,” the former Western Stima tactician said.
In Nairobi, Bidco United leapfrogged Vihiga United into third place after defeating APS Bomet 3-2 at Thika Stadium.
Nairobi Stima ended Vihiga United's five-match unbeaten run after beating them 2-1 at Mumias Sports Complex.
The result saw the former Kenya Premier League outfit drop to fourth in the standings with 32 points.
Migori Youth, however, missed the opportunity of going third after being held to a barren draw by Kibera Black Stars.
- Title race intensifies as KPL resumes with seven matches Football 1 hour ago
- Bolt set to become father after announcing girlfriend is expectingSports 1 day ago
- Manchester United make Bruno Fernandes breakthroughGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Cherono to lead Boston Marathon line upAthletics 1 day ago
- Why Tottenham Hotspur are finding it difficult to sell Victor WanyamaFootball 1 hour ago
- Is this Bidco United’s yearSports 2 days ago
- Teenager Gauff stuns Osaka in MelbourneTennis 19 hours ago