Aubameyang's double earns Arsenal draw at Norwich
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang once again rescued Arsenal as his brace earned them a 2-2 draw at Norwich City in Freddie Ljungberg's first game as caretaker manager on Sunday.
Arsenal twice trailed with Norwich's goals coming from Teemu Pukki and Todd Cantwell but Aubameyang ensured the Gunners returned to London with a point even if their winless run in the Premier League now extends to six games.
Pukki's deflected shot crept past Bernd Leno in the 21st minute but Norwich's lead did not last long as Aubameyang scored with a twice-taken penalty after his initial effort was saved by Tim Krul. The kick was ordered to be re-taken after VAR ruled Norwich's players had encroached into the area.
Cantwell's sliderule effort restored Norwich's lead in first-half stoppage time after Arsenal's defence backed off.
Aubameyang fired in from close range to level again in the 57th minute but it was Norwich who looked the more likely winners with Leno making several good saves.
Norwich remain second from bottom with 11 points from 14 games while Arsenal are eighth.
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 29 minutes ago
- Benzema could face trial over tapePremier League 14 hours ago
- Patrick Vieira hints he's interested in Arsenal manager's jobFootball 1 day ago
- Former world marathon record holder Wilson Kipsang survives road crashAthletics 2 days ago
- What a Magical Kenya Ladies Open!Golf 1 day ago
- Rapinoe adds a goal for 2020: Helping Democrats win White HouseFootball 1 day ago
- How Kenya floored the world at Mombasa OpenSports 2 days ago