Can Michael Olunga be the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
Kenyan international striker Michael Olunga scored eight goals as Kashiwa Reysol demolished Kyoto Sanga 13-1 in a Japanese second-tier league match on Sunday.
The Harambee Stars striker put his side 1-0 up in the sixth minute and added the second seventeen minutes later to put his side 2-0 up.
Olunga’s goals propelled his tally to 27 this season.
The ‘Engineer’s’ future at the club is however in doubt, with reports suggesting he could end up in the Bundesliga next season.
But what could really be the perfect club for Olunga?
Kenya football fanatics took to social media to suggest the Harambee Stars be the answer to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s problem at Manchester United.
Some have outrageously claimed he could be the perfect fit for Messi and Suarez at FC Barcelona after an impressive season with Girona in the Spanish League two seasons ago.
Olunga’s recent form has sparked mixed reactions with a significant section of the fanbase encouraging him to sign for big European sides Manchester United or Barcelona.
Replying to @the_trifector
My point is he can get a European club where he will be equally happy if not happier (Fact - Europe is the centre; the rest are periphery; and it means a lot to a professional footballer). Plus Olunga is too good to be on loan!
Replying to @KTNKenya
Olunga has what it takes to be a great player. Keep it up.
Olunga has the talent to play in the top five Leagues in Europe, showed glimpses at Girona when he came from Sweden but then the allure of money in Asia dragged him away from 'real football' to a 'retirement island'
Olunga has the capability to become a top striker anywhere in the world..but he needs a tougher and more competitive league to bring it out of him!
- Sarri says he is struggling to impose his style on JuventusFootball 12 hours ago
- Five mouthwatering clashes to watch in the Europa League this weekFootball 1 day ago
- Deontay Wilder to sack coach who threw in towel against Tyson FuryBoxing 2 days ago
- Russian tennis star Sharapova retiresTennis 1 day ago
- Chelsea sent Robert Lewandowski warning ahead of Bayern Munich clashFootball 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua salutes ‘gladiators’ Wilder and Fury, leaves world guessing what’s nextBoxing 1 day ago
- Chinese football transfer market collapses in face of coronavirusFootball 13 hours ago