Harambee Starlets to report to training following State intervention
Kenya women's national football team Harambee Starlets will finally report to training following Government’s intervention.
Starlets will report for residential training camp tomorrow (Thursday) ahead of the team’s 2020 Tokyo Olympic qualifier match against Zambia.
“Following numerous engagements with the Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Ambassador Amina Mohamed, the government has directed that Harambee Starlets report for residential training camp at Sports Kenya, Stadion Hotel, tomorrow, ahead of the team’s Olympic qualifier against Zambia scheduled for November 8 and 11, 2019, home and away respectively,” FKF said in a statement seen by Game Yetu on Wednesday.
CS Amina also assured FKF that budgetary requests regarding the team’s upcoming fixtures against Zambia would be met.
“The federation wishes to thank the Cabinet Secretary for Sports for her timely intervention, this even as preparations for the team to report to camp begins in earnest.
The Government, through the National Sports Fund, also released Sh3.9million to the federation.
According to FKF, the money is part of a Sh17million budget that the federation had requested from the fund, to go towards the preparation of Harambee Stars CHAN 2020 home and away fixture against Tanzania.
- FA Cup: Manchester United beat Tranmere 6-0Football 1 day ago
- Tusker Safari Tour golf: Greg Snow digs in for a fight heading into third round at Sigona todayGolf 18 hours ago
- Arsenal’s injury crisis worsens at Bournemouth Football 9 hours ago
- Another NBA star passes away 'unexpectedly'Basketball 6 hours ago
- Shujaa miss semi-final berth in Hamilton 7s contestRugby 2 days ago
- Reports: Spanish defender in London for Arsenal medicalFootball 1 day ago
- KPL: Kakamega Homeboyz leapfrog Tusker, Wazito’s woes continueFootball 18 hours ago