David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this season
David Luiz has made the bold claim that Arsenal can challenge Liverpool for the Premier League title this season.
Just eight games into the season, Liverpool have already opened up an eight-point advantage over reigning champions Manchester City , while Arsenal are a point further bak in third place.
Unai Emery's Gunners missed out on a Champions League place last season, finishing fifth, and haven't won the Premier League title since Arsene Wenger's Invincibles claimed the crown in the 2003/04 season.
But Luiz is starting to see improvements in the Arsenal squad after joining from Chelsea on transfer deadline-day, and says it is about time the Gunners challenged at the top again.
Luiz told NBC Sports: "For me, if you start something, and we've just started the Premier League and all of the competitions, if you don't think you can win the competition then you won't start anything in your life.
"I want to win titles with Arsenal. I want to improve and adapt myself for the style of Arsenal, as a club and how the manager wants us to play. I think we can do that together.
"My vision, my ambition and my will is always to fight for the title and between the club, the players and the coach, we have the possibility to fight for the title. I think this club deserves to shine again."
Luiz will no doubt be hoping Liverpool slip up against a struggling Manchester United side at Old Trafford on Sunday, while Arsenal resume their league campaign away to Sheffield United on Monday night.
Left-back Kieran Tierney could make his Premier League debut for Arsenal at Bramhall Lane after recovering from a hip injury since joining from Celtic in a £25million summer move.
And Emery's side are also boosted by the return of Alexandre Lacazette after the forward returned to training this week following an ankle injury.
- COVID-19: Sports Ministry to disburse Sh50million to athletes over two monthsFootball 2 days ago
- Mwamba RFC announce new kit partnership with Samurai [PHOTOS]Rugby 1 day ago
- Virtual athletics: Cheruiyot to take on Norwegian brothers on June 11Athletics 2 days ago
- Blackburn star, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- Premier League to restart on June 17 Premier League 1 day ago
- David Luiz’s time at Arsenal coming to an end?Football 1 day ago
- Gilly Okumu keen on dribbling to increased stardomHockey 1 day ago