150 golfers set for Guru Nanak's 550th anniversary
A huge field of over a 150 golfers has been drawn up for Guru Nanak Devji 550th birth anniversary golf tournament to be played at the par 72 Nakuru Golf Club on Saturday.
The two-day charity event is an initiative by upcountry Sikh Golfers in commemoration of the birth of the communities’ founder Guru Nanak Devji who was a revolutionary activist 550 years ago.
Nanaks' universal clarion call was justice and equality for all, service to others, women empowerment, honest living, conservation of nature and above all that God is one.
It is presented by Garmin, Comply Industries Limited, Car & General, Rai Cement, Multiline Motors, Kenya Hydraulics, ABM Limited, Jajuha Contractors, Sahota and Comtrade Hauliers.
Others are, PrimeBank, Farmparts, NN Shah, Automobile Warehouse, Designer Insurance, Nakuru Plastics HTS, Mac Hardware and Nakuru Golf Club among others.
According to the event's convener Mandeep Sahota, “The course is in mint condition thanks to the good rains that we’ve been experiencing within this region. The draw will be followed strictly and we’ve engaged marshals to speed up play and to ensure that all who’ve been drawn and the post entries finish their rounds on time.”
The Club Chairman who is also Central Rift Junior Golf Foundation Representative Stephen Kihumba, extends his invitation to golfers to come, participate and support the Sikh community during the 550th Birthday Anniversary and support them on this generous and worthy cause.
“The funds received from this event will be channelled towards Langar (free kitchen) which caters for needy children homes in Nakuru, Eldoret, Kericho and Kisumu Sikh Temples,” added Kihumba
Away in Laikipia the 9-hole Nanyuki Sports Club will play host ICEA golf tournament that will see golfers from sister clubs Nyeri Club, Nyahururu Sports Club and other visiting golfers battle it out for the array of prizes on offer.
- COVID-19: Sports Ministry to disburse Sh50million to athletes over two monthsFootball 19 hours ago
- Pogba, Rashford available when Premier League resumes, says SolskjaerPremier League 1 day ago
- Sagna says Arsenal feared Chelsea much more than the other way roundFootball 2 days ago
- Swimming: Masakha plots for Olympics stardomSports 2 days ago
- Pigamingi: Are East Africa's Golf Clubs Ready for the New World Golf Handicapping System?Golf 2 days ago
- Herbert Mwachiro enters race to replace Nick Mwendwa as FKF bossFootball 1 day ago
- Second phase? English Premier League clubs to vote on Project Restart’s next stepPremier League 1 day ago