UON Dynamites square it out with Flames
University of Nairobi’s (UON) Dynamites face United States International University of Africa (USIU-A) Flames in a Kenya Basketball Federation Women’s Premier League match tomorrow.
Dynamites will go full throttle as they seek to dim Flames in an effort to consolidate their place in the top eight and seal a play-offs slot.
They will also be looking to complete a double against the former Premier League champions.
UON go into the match on the back of a 49-44 win over Strathmore University Swords last weekend.
Coach Juma Kent said that a win against USIU-A is crucial as it will increase their chances of a top five finish in the regular season.
“So far so good, the girls have done well being their first time at this level of competition and all we need is to keep up the fighting spirit.
“We have high chances of a top five finish and the girls know they have to keep winning to seal their place in the play-offs,” Kent said.
Western Delight will host rookies Africa Nazarene University in Kakamega and former champions Kenya Ports Authority today and tomorrow in Kakamega.
Delight who are one place above bottom-placed USIU-A will need to win their home matches to revive their hopes of surviving relegation.
Western Delight have won one match in 17 outings. Today, USIU-A Flames will chase their third win against Tangit Sparks at Nyayo.
In the men’s Premier League title chase, second on the log Thunder will return to action against struggling USIU-A Tigers.
- Not Messi… Here’s the oldest player to score a La Liga hat-trickFootball 2 days ago
- Man United bosses to back to two transfers after Manchester Derby winGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Why Simeone can's afford another slip at AtleticoFootball 7 hours ago
- Arsenal lead chase to sign Man United defenderPremier League 2 days ago
- Man City fan arrested over alleged racial abuse releasedFootball 1 day ago
- What a four-year doping ban would mean for RussiaAthletics 2 days ago
- Arsenal to hold talks with Carlo AncelottiPremier League 3 hours ago