UON Dynamites square it out with Flames
University of Nairobi’s (UON) Dynamites face United States International University of Africa (USIU-A) Flames in a Kenya Basketball Federation Women’s Premier League match tomorrow.
Dynamites will go full throttle as they seek to dim Flames in an effort to consolidate their place in the top eight and seal a play-offs slot.
They will also be looking to complete a double against the former Premier League champions.
UON go into the match on the back of a 49-44 win over Strathmore University Swords last weekend.
Coach Juma Kent said that a win against USIU-A is crucial as it will increase their chances of a top five finish in the regular season.
“So far so good, the girls have done well being their first time at this level of competition and all we need is to keep up the fighting spirit.
“We have high chances of a top five finish and the girls know they have to keep winning to seal their place in the play-offs,” Kent said.
Western Delight will host rookies Africa Nazarene University in Kakamega and former champions Kenya Ports Authority today and tomorrow in Kakamega.
Delight who are one place above bottom-placed USIU-A will need to win their home matches to revive their hopes of surviving relegation.
Western Delight have won one match in 17 outings. Today, USIU-A Flames will chase their third win against Tangit Sparks at Nyayo.
In the men’s Premier League title chase, second on the log Thunder will return to action against struggling USIU-A Tigers.
- Ex-Arsenal star Henry to coach Montreal ImpactFootball 2 days ago
- Arrest made in murder of dutch footballerFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League confirm changes to VARFootball 2 days ago
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier: Kenya claim famous draw in EgyptFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes set for Baringo 10km raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Road race: Stars gear up for Kass marathon on SundayAthletics 2 days ago
- Athletics: Choge eyes Valencia Marathon redemptionAthletics 2 days ago