Bandari has done KPA proud - MD Manduku says
The Managing Director of Kenya Ports Authority Daniel Manduku has congratulated Bandari for beating Tunisian side US Ben Guerdane 2-0 in the first leg of the Caf Confederation Cup first round at Kasarani.
In a message to the media after the match, Manduku said: "On behalf of the board, management and staff, I extend a special congratulatory message to Bandari FC following their 2-0 win in the first leg match of the CAF Confederations Cup, second round, tie against US Ben Guerdane of Tunisia.
"KPA is proud of this achievement that places the Authority in Africa's football map and reaffirms its full support for the team especially as the team prepares for the return leg away in two weeks.
"I salute the players and the technical bench for the impressive performance and assure them of our full support in this important continental assignment. In the coming days, I look forward to meeting the team to motivate them and demonstrate our goodwill and support ahead of the return leg in two weeks," Manduku said.
He added: "The performance puts the team in a good position to qualify for the next round. I urge Kenyans to rally behind the team as it flies the country's flag in Africa's second-tier club competition."
- Nairobi Stima seek to switch off TalantaFootball 2 days ago
- Harambee Stars ready to skin MambasFootball 2 days ago
- Golfers should leave world-record running to Eliud KipchogeGolf 2 days ago
- Tensions rise as typhoon looms over Japan-Scotland showdownRugby 2 days ago
- FIFA bans former top football official Football 2 days ago
- Chevrolet deal set to end due to United's struggles on pitchFootball 2 days ago
- Big screens beaming Kipchoge's attempt live at KICCAthletics 2 days ago