Twaha’s appointment to Bandari Board welcome move
The appointment of former Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Vice President Twaha Mbarak to Bandari FC Board of Trustees has been welcomed by football fraternity in Mombasa.
Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), who are the official sponsors of Bandari announced on Tuesday the appointment of Twaha as one of the club’s Trustee’s.
Former FKF National Executive Committee member for Coast Hussein Terry described the appointment by KPA MD Daniel Manduku as ‘a welcome move that will make Coastal people feel part and parcel of Bandari Football Club.”
“Twaha is a very resourceful person not only for Bandari, but the entire Coast Region and Kenya. Honestly, we felt ignored before, but at least somebody of KPA MD’s stature has found it fit to tap into Twaha’s knowledge of the game both regionally and nationally,” Terry said.
Also to congratulate Twaha on his appointment was former Coast Stars Technical Director Aariff Baghazal.
“Twaha does not need introduction to the duties and responsibilities at Bandari because his experience speaks for itself,” said Baghazal.
“To be appointed to a Board of Trustees of any organisation speaks a lot about one’s reputation. Twaha’s appointment was overdue. We can only thank Dr.Manduku for reaching out to the Coastal community,” added Baghazal.
Speaking from Kisii, former Harambee Stars and Kisumu Posta striker Elijah Onsika hailed Twaha’s new appointment.
“Twaha is a respected football and sports administrator and his appointment has come at the right time when Bandari is transforming into a serious football club in the country,” said the Confederation of African Football (Caf) Instructor.
“I challenge other premier league clubs to engage experienced football administrators in managerial positions so they can give guidance,” said Onsika.
- PSG star linked with move to Old Trafford but Utd are wary of repeating mistakes made with SanchezFootball 2 days ago
- Awards: Nigerians, Ethiopians stand out in Soya galaSports 1 day ago
- Middlesbrough complete signing of Kenyan youngster defenderFootball 4 hours ago
- Nairobi to host 2020 World Athletics Continental tourSports 1 day ago
- Shujaa miss semi-final berth in Hamilton 7s contestRugby 23 hours ago
- Man United predicted line up and team news for FA Cup trip to Tranmere RoversFootball 13 hours ago
- Motorsport: Kenyan riders off to international contestSports 1 day ago