Standard Five drop-out, Kawangware gardener wins Sh10 million jackpot
Thirty-six-year-old Joel Anjichi Buchichi is the latest millionaire in town.
Buchichi, who works as a gardener, won Sh10 million from Mozzart Bet Jackpot by correctly predicting results of 13 football matches.
The elated father of three declared he had quit his gardener job following the windfall.
“I cannot work in somebody’s home again with this kind of money, “said Buchichi, who lives with his wife and three children in a one-room shack in Kawangware.
“Life has been very hard for us, but God has answered our prayers,” he said. “This is going to change our lives forever.”
Interestingly, Buchichi won the jackpot on the very day he joined Mozzart Bet.
Acting on advice from a friend, he registered on Mozzart Bet and placed three bets.
He also won Sh10,000 from another bet the same night.
The Standard Five drop-out said he plans to buy land and build residential houses with the money.
He will take home Sh8 million as Sh2 million from the win was deducted as tax. Mozzart Bet only resumed operations last week after the government renewed its operating license.
Mozzart Bet was one of the 27 betting companies whose licenses had been withdrawn by the Betting Control and Licensing Board.
- Man Utd top 8 long-term transfer targetsPremier League 2 days ago
- Trouble for Liverpool as key 5 star players out with injuriesPremier League 2 days ago
- ‘Mtoto mkubwa’ – Mourinho was warned about signing LukakuFootball 2 days ago
- Kings end Celtics 10 game win runBasketball 2 days ago
- Man City’s Aguero could have been a Chelsea player…but…Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago