Big field for Madoka Half Marathon
Daniel Muindi and Devlin Meringor will be back for another shot at their titles at the Safaricom Madoka Half Marathon in Taita Taveta County on October 20.
The race, which was initially held October 20, comes two weeks earlier at Ngerenyi Farmers Training Centre.
Muindi, who is from Machakos Athletics Club, won 21 km men's race in 61.06.6 after beating George Njoroge (61.06.6) to second place while Rift Valley's Devlin Meringor timed 71.16.1 to wear the women's crown. The two are expected to battle the energy-sapping course in Taita Taveta.
Athletics Kenya deputy treasurer Kimoni Kisalu said preparations are in top gear.
"We have been having meetings with the Local Organising Committee and arrangements are going on well. The official launch, which will be attended by event's patron Marsden Madoka and Athletics Kenya officials will be held at Riadha House, Nairobi, on Wednesday," said Kisalu.
Kisalu, who was the athletics team manager at the just concluded African Games in Morocco, said they expect a good number of top athletes to participate.
Madoka said: "We shall announce our other sponsors next week." Safaricom, Brookeside Diary, Kenya Revenue Authority, Kenya Ports Authority and the Taita Taveta County sponsors the marathon.
- Tottenham held by Olympiakos after blowing two-goal leadFootball 1 day ago
- Man United worries disappear after De Gea signs new contractFootball 2 days ago
- Cheruiyot earns promotion ahead of World ChampionshipsAthletics 1 day ago
- Rugby World Cup: Five players to watch in JapanRugby 9 hours ago
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 1 day ago
- Teenager Saka scores as Arsenal win at Frankfurt in Europa LeagueFootball 5 hours ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 1 day ago