Big field for Madoka Half Marathon
Daniel Muindi and Devlin Meringor will be back for another shot at their titles at the Safaricom Madoka Half Marathon in Taita Taveta County on October 20.
The race, which was initially held October 20, comes two weeks earlier at Ngerenyi Farmers Training Centre.
Muindi, who is from Machakos Athletics Club, won 21 km men's race in 61.06.6 after beating George Njoroge (61.06.6) to second place while Rift Valley's Devlin Meringor timed 71.16.1 to wear the women's crown. The two are expected to battle the energy-sapping course in Taita Taveta.
Athletics Kenya deputy treasurer Kimoni Kisalu said preparations are in top gear.
"We have been having meetings with the Local Organising Committee and arrangements are going on well. The official launch, which will be attended by event's patron Marsden Madoka and Athletics Kenya officials will be held at Riadha House, Nairobi, on Wednesday," said Kisalu.
Kisalu, who was the athletics team manager at the just concluded African Games in Morocco, said they expect a good number of top athletes to participate.
Madoka said: "We shall announce our other sponsors next week." Safaricom, Brookeside Diary, Kenya Revenue Authority, Kenya Ports Authority and the Taita Taveta County sponsors the marathon.
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 2 days ago
- Okwiri thirsts for title defence Boxing 2 days ago
- NSL: Stakes high ahead of City Stars, Black Stars matchSports 2 days ago
- RUGBY: MMUST seek redemption as Strathmore eye top spotRugby 2 days ago
- Solskjaer backs resurgent Man Utd to battle for top fourPremier League 2 days ago
- SWIMMING : Bandari rule national championshipsSports 1 day ago