Schools: Kirandich, Kamusinga eye all-Kenyan final
Debutants St Joseph's Kirandich and Moi Girls Kamusinga will be seeking to secure an all-Kenyan handball final when they play their respective semis today.
The Kenyan girls will be out to ensure they salvage the crown Kamusinga won last in 2016, in Eldoret.
Kirandich and Kamusinga have been enjoying a good run winning all their matches to top the pools.
National champions Kirandich take on Rwanda's Es Kiziguro, who finished second in Group A behind 2016 East Africa winners Kamusinga.
Kumusinga on the other hand will meet familiar foes Mbogo High from Uganda as they seek to play in their fourth successive final.
The Kenyan girls will be looking to extend their good run over the Ugandans who they beat in the 2016 Eldoret final to be crowned champions.
Kamusinga captain Mildred Nyongesa said they will play the match as if it were the final.
"We are determined to make it to the final and hope they (Kirandich) will also win their match so that we ca be assured of taking the trophy back to Kenya," Nyongesa said.
Kirandich coach Sheila Chebet echoed her sentiments saying an all-Kenyan final will ease the tension.
"We must win because if we all qualify from the semis, then we will have less pressure because we would have snatched the top two spots."
Meanwhile, Kenyans will take to the track today as the athletics programe begins at Sheikh Abeid Memorial Stadium.
Solomon Boit and Noah Kimutai will be hoping to bag Kenya's first medal in boys' 10,000m race.
The duo will be looking to reclaim the title Kenya lost in Musanze, Rwanda last year.
Betty Chelagat and Feliciana Kanda will be chasing the girls' 5,000m girls title.
The Kenyans will be seeking to defend the boys title while the girls will be out to dethrone the Ugandans.
- Man United worries disappear after De Gea signs new contractFootball 2 days ago
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 1 day ago
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 2 days ago
- Kenyan charges off to fine start at African games showAthletics 1 day ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 21 hours ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 2 days ago