Volleyball: Kenya's Mogonga take on Uganda's STAHIZA in semifinals
Kenya national volleyball champions Mogonga PAG will clash with Uganda's Standard High School Zzana (STAHIZA) in boys' semifinals of the ongoing East Africa Secondary School games.
The Kenyan boys, who have been unstoppable in this year's campaign, will be hoping to continue with their winning ways when they face off with the Ugandans at the Tanzania Game Track and Safaris (TGT) grounds.
In the second semis, it will be an all-Rwanda affair as IPRC Karongi play Don Bosco Gatenga.
Mogonga coach Nathan Kiptoo said having reached the last four, their aim will be to seal a slot in the final.
"We are first-timers and that has worked in our favour because none of our opponents expected us to get this far. We have played very well and reaching the semi-finals has motivated us to go for the trophy," Kiptoo said.
He added that despite their impressive run, they will have to up their game.
"We have to put in more effort because winning is the only option left. We will approach the match just like we have done others; with the aim of playing in the final," said Kiptoo.
In hockey, St Cecilia Misikhu won all their matches to top Group A and set a semis date with compatriots St John's Kaloleni, who finished second in Group B.
The second semis slot will see Nyamira Girls clash with Uganda's Kakungulu Memorial, who finished ahead of St John's.
In the boys' contest, defending champions St Anthony's Kitale and former East Africa champions Friends School Kamusinga advanced to the semis.
- Hunt for playoff spots startsBasketball 2 days ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 19 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 56 minutes ago
- Arsenal's Lacazette ruled out until OctoberFootball 2 days ago
- Kenya on brink of Davis Cup promotion Tennis 2 days ago
- Hazard to make Real Madrid debut in La LigaFootball 2 days ago
- Faith, Cheruiyot light up Nyayo as team namedAthletics 2 days ago