Manny Pacquiao's stance on Floyd Mayweather rematch
Manny Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, says his fighter is determined to make a rematch with Floyd Mayweather happen.
The pair have traded blows on social media since Mayweather was ringside for Pacquiao's impressive win over Keith Thurman last month.
It has sparked talk of the iconic duo stepping into the ring again in a repeat of their money-spinning 2015 clash, which Mayweather won on points.
Pacquaio was left frustrated by a shoulder injury on that occasion, with Roach admitting he feels his fighter would be capable of a much better performance second time around.
He reckons the 40-year-old Filipino has been left frustrated by Mayweather's claims he is profiting off his name as he aims to settle their feud in the ring.
"If I think it's possible, Manny does want that fight," Roach said to ESPN Deportes.
"I was certainly disappointed in the first fight because Manny told me in the fourth round: 'My shoulder hurts, I can't use it anymore' and I told him to 'use it in the best way you can.'
"I know Manny can fight much better.
"Manny really wants the fight, that's why social media interaction.
"He says that Manny works for him now and Manny said he hasn't seen his name on any check.
"I loved that about Manny. I thought it would happen, I thought he would get called out [by Mayweather], but he [Floyd] slipped away."
Roach also reiterated his belief that Pacquiao might have scared Mayweather off a rematch with his dominant display against Thurman.
"It would scare me too," he said. "I think Manny gave him good reasons to scare him, which was a great Manny fight... much better than when they first fought.
"[Mayweather] saw the improvement and that's why he went through the back door. Manny is the boss."
- Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury – 22Bet ReviewSports 1 day ago
- Thika Queens yavizia taji la Ligi KuuFootball 1 day ago
- Why it is important for players to follow rules and respect othersGolf 1 day ago
- Tuchel surprised by PSG players partying after Borussia defeatFootball 4 hours ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 1 day ago
- Tuwei and Kszczot set to clash in Madrid tonightAthletics 1 day ago
- Former FIFA boss charged in SwitzerlandFootball 2 days ago