Massive transfer update: Wanyama linked with loan move to another Premier League club
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama has emerged as a possible West Ham loan target before transfer window deadline.
English outlet Hammers News, via well-known West Ham insider ExWHUemployee, reports that West Ham United have entered the race to sign Wanyama, who earns over Sh8 million per week, although it could be problematic to reach a deal with their London rivals.
“Wanyama from Spurs. The problem with Tottenham is that we really struggle to deal with them. They don’t like to do business with us and vice-versa. There may be a loan at the end of the window, but it’s going to depend on Tottenham.”
Turkish giant Fenerbahçe are also some of the clubs reportedly considering a summer move for the 28-year-old with new reports also saying the arrival of Spurs’ newest signing Tanguy Ndombele meant he would be Wanyama’s replacement.
In an interview with ESPN last week, Wanyama said that no team has come out to pursue his signature and he is waiting to see if his suitors step up their pursuit.
“I have not spoken to any other team because I aim to remain at Spurs and to help my team next season. I have a running contract with Tottenham which I intend to honour,” he said.
“But in football, anything can happen. Things can change really quick. I do not want to dwell much on speculations because it’s normal for a player to be linked with other clubs when the transfer window is open but I’m not going anywhere.”
With two years left on his current deal and the club’s fear of another injury-hit spell next season, they could be looking out for a fee that is bigger than what they paid Southampton for him three years ago.
- ‘Mtoto mkubwa’ – Mourinho was warned about signing LukakuFootball 2 days ago
- Kings end Celtics 10 game win runBasketball 2 days ago
- Man City’s Aguero could have been a Chelsea player…but…Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago