Polo: Kenya men's team wins in Zambia
Kenya Senior men’s team defeated hosts Zambia 8-5 to win International Polo Championships, at Lilayi Polo Club, in Lusaka.
As the men’s side was winning away from home, their women’s side was also triumphant as they defeated Zambian Ladies in another thrilling encounter at Manyatta Polo Club, in Gilgil.
Both tournaments were highly rated goal championships with the men’s competition being a 15-goal-tournament and the women’s, a 16-goal edition.
Men’s side was composed of handicap 5 Jammie Murray, Casmir Gross (4), Archie Voorspuy (3) and George Mc Cornell (3).
The Zambian team included handicap four players; Eric Stubbs, Gavin Robinson and Ian Robinson and handicap 3 Andrew Kwibus.
Ahead of their 8-5 final victory against Zambia, Kenya had earlier won two other matches against selected sides in the three day event.
In the first match, Kenya walloped Zambia B 13-10 before defeating Zambia A 8-6.
- Walcott, Gomes included as star-studded Everton lands at JKIA for Kariobangi Sharks tieFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 1 month ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 1 month ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago