Stray Lions ambush Sir Ali Club to end losing streak
After several failed attempts, Stray Lions finally got it right chalking their first win of the Nairobi Invitational T20 League Super Division.
Stray Lions beat their hosts Sir Ali Club by six wickets to end their six-match losing streak thanks to impressive batting from youngster Aman Gandhi and Ram Murugesh.
Gandhi fell short of the half-century mark by one run but his effort was good enough to see Lions taste victory.
Fielding first, Stray Lions bowlers were generous allowing Sir Ali to score 159 for seven in their innings.
Zahib Abbas hit 43 runs off 32 balls while Gurdeep Singh and Vishal Kukade scored 32 and 29 runs for Sir Ali respectively.
Varun Prakash starred for Stray Lions with the ball taking three wickets for 33.
Stray Lions recovered from a poor start to their innings that saw opener Jay Mehita dismissed with the ninth ball to score 160 and snatch a six wickets win with 19 balls remaining.
Gandhi, who represented Kenya in the 2018 ICC under 19 World Cup held in New Zealand, then partnered with Nithin Arvind.
The duo had a solid second-wicket stand stabilising their chase before Gandhi’s elimination.
He smashed eight boundaries and a six before Abdul Rehman ran him out in the ninth over with the score at 82 for the loss of two wickets.
- Dortmund's Witsel out until New YearFootball 2 days ago
- Murray's pre-season training interrupted by groin injuryTennis 11 hours ago
- All set for inaugural Uriri Open Youth tournamentFootball 16 hours ago
- Gundogan reveals why Man City is falling behind Liverpool in title racePremier League 1 day ago
- Paul Pogba ruled out of AZ Alkmaar clashFootball 1 day ago
- US envoy visits Kipchoge at Kaptagat, pledges support for athleticsAthletics 2 days ago
- Arsenal outlook changes in the space of nine minutesFootball 2 days ago