Teams in Nyanza benefit from kits for Africa
Over 200 teams in Homabay and Kisumu Counties benefited from the SportPesa Kits for Africa project last week.
The initiative saw the distribution of football gear to the needy teams.
The move by the global gaming and technology firm launched three years ago, has been a huge success with kits collected from SportPesa partner clubs in Europe being passed on to football-loving communities in Kenya and Tanzania.
The kits are mostly donations from SportPesa’s international partners, such as English league sides Everton, Southampton FC Hull City.
Men and ladies teams were elated as they received jerseys.
“I thank SportPesa for coming to Seme to gift us with all these,” Sports Coordinator for Seme region, Cosmas Okal said.
Kits for Africa has issued uniform to over 400 teams in the last one month. Some of the areas that have benefited are; Kimende, Ruiru, Maai-Mahiu, Meru, Embakasi, Nairobi West, Kibera, Kawangware and Kariobangi.
“While we offer valuable financial support, we also help clubs build capacity,” said SportPesa PR manager Lola Okulo.
- Kipchoge runs unofficial marathon in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- How Eliud Kipchoge ended the INEOS 1:59 Challenge in style [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge congratulatory messages flood in Athletics 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge’s family and friends react to his historic achievement in ViennaAthletics 2 days ago
- Champion speaks: Kipchoge says others can run in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- Polo: Forte pick second win in tourneySports 2 days ago
- Kipchoge’s heroic performance inspires Kenya’s athletics starsAthletics 2 days ago