Teams in Nyanza benefit from kits for Africa
Over 200 teams in Homabay and Kisumu Counties benefited from the SportPesa Kits for Africa project last week.
The initiative saw the distribution of football gear to the needy teams.
The move by the global gaming and technology firm launched three years ago, has been a huge success with kits collected from SportPesa partner clubs in Europe being passed on to football-loving communities in Kenya and Tanzania.
The kits are mostly donations from SportPesa’s international partners, such as English league sides Everton, Southampton FC Hull City.
Men and ladies teams were elated as they received jerseys.
“I thank SportPesa for coming to Seme to gift us with all these,” Sports Coordinator for Seme region, Cosmas Okal said.
Kits for Africa has issued uniform to over 400 teams in the last one month. Some of the areas that have benefited are; Kimende, Ruiru, Maai-Mahiu, Meru, Embakasi, Nairobi West, Kibera, Kawangware and Kariobangi.
“While we offer valuable financial support, we also help clubs build capacity,” said SportPesa PR manager Lola Okulo.
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago