Muthomi: I will not quit
Embattled Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Secretary General Robert Muthomi says he will not resign in the wake of reports that he was involved in an attempt to sell a Sofapaka player.
Muthomi welcomed investigations into the matter, claiming he has no capacity to interfere with the probe while in office as it will be carried out by an independent body.
“The disciplinary committee is an independent body and does not operate within the federation. For this reason, they can carry out their investigations as I go on with my duties,” he said.
Muthomi denied the allegations levelled against him by Sofapaka that he attempted to transfer striker John Avire.
“I deny the accusations that I tried to coerce Avire to terminate his contract with Sofapaka and I welcome investigations into the matter. I expect the probe to get to the core of the matter and look forward to being vindicated,” he added.
- Man United's Rashford facing lengthy lay off with back injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Nyambai wins in Kisumu race Athletics 2 days ago
- Rugby: It's yet another routine win for Strathmore Rugby 2 days ago
- All you need to know about Kaizer Chief's new Kenyan boy Akumu [PHOTOS]Football 1 day ago
- Sala's family still waiting for answers one year after striker's deathSports 14 hours ago
- Sinyolo and Kisumu Day crowned 2020 Biro Lich High School hockey championsHockey 2 days ago
- Ex-Real Madrid star denies assassinating teammateFootball 17 hours ago