Muthomi: I will not quit
Embattled Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Secretary General Robert Muthomi says he will not resign in the wake of reports that he was involved in an attempt to sell a Sofapaka player.
Muthomi welcomed investigations into the matter, claiming he has no capacity to interfere with the probe while in office as it will be carried out by an independent body.
“The disciplinary committee is an independent body and does not operate within the federation. For this reason, they can carry out their investigations as I go on with my duties,” he said.
Muthomi denied the allegations levelled against him by Sofapaka that he attempted to transfer striker John Avire.
“I deny the accusations that I tried to coerce Avire to terminate his contract with Sofapaka and I welcome investigations into the matter. I expect the probe to get to the core of the matter and look forward to being vindicated,” he added.
- Another blow for Wanyama at Tottenham ahead of new season Football 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars hint match against Senegal is their last at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 1 month ago