Big field for Top Fry Classic Rally
At least 25 local and foreign rally drivers will participate in the third edition of Top Fry Classic Rally that zooms off on July 30 to August 3 in Laikipia.
Oman's Joey Ghose, navigated by Stephan Prevot in a 1970 Ford Escort Mk1, will make his maiden appearance in the competition. The event features four classes of classic cars built before 1984 and categorized in classes of cars between 1000cc and 3000cc.
South Africa has two entrants in Lola Verlaque, co-driven by her father Edward Verlaque and her sister Megan Verlaque, who is yet to confirm her navigator. Both will drive 1600cc VW Golf Mk1.
Nakuru-based Menengai Oil Refinery are the title sponsors of the 2019 Top Fry Classic Rally. Standard Group PLC, Best Whisky, Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, Aquamist and Laikipia County Government are other sponsors.
Five-time Safari Rally champion Ian Duncan, navigated by Anthony Nielsen, will lead Kenyan onslaught.
- Barcelona predict billion euro income this seasonFootball 14 hours ago
- Malkia Strikers play well against Brazil, but still go down in straight setsVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago
- Brugge and Galatasaray ends goallessFootball 1 day ago
- Neymar gets lucky ahead of Real Madrid clash, Champions League ban reducedFootball 2 days ago
- FKF announces dates for electionsFootball 14 hours ago
- Ayimba tipped for Kenya Harlequin jobRugby 6 hours ago
- Tottenham held by Olympiakos after blowing two-goal leadFootball 1 day ago