Manchester City re-sign star left back
Manchester City have re-signed left back Angelino from PSV Eindhoven a year after they sold him to the Dutch club, the Premier League champions said on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old Spanish defender has signed a four-year contract which will keep him at the club until 2023, with British media reporting City activated a 5.3 million pounds ($6.67 million) buy-back clause in his contract.
"I am thrilled to have rejoined City, a side playing incredible football under Pep Guardiola," Angelino said in a statement https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2019/july/man-city-sign-angelino-psv-transfer-latest-update. "Watching them while playing in Holland has been a pleasure.
"City's performances over the last two seasons have been incredible and I am very excited about returning and contributing to the club's bid for more success."
He did not make a single league appearance for City during his first stint but made more than 40 appearances for PSV.
Angelino's signing follows the announcement of City paying the 70 million euro ($78.96 million) buyout clause for Spanish international holding midfielder Rodri.
City will kick off their 2019-20 Premier League season with an away trip to West Ham United on August 10.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago