Ex-Chelsea boss Sarri reveals how many cigarettes he smokes in a day
Maurizio Sarri has admitted he smokes too many cigarettes a day.
Former Chelsea manager Sarri was known for puffing on the touchline during his days as Empoli and Napoli boss in Italy.
But the Italian was forced to quit the habit during matches when he arrived as Blues boss last summer - with smoking banned at Premier League grounds.
After he signed Chelsea made plans to build a smoking room at Stamford Bridge to allow him to get his nicotine injection on match days but didn't materialise.
Instead, Sarri chewed on cigarette butts during his season in west London, and was spotted holding a pack on the touchline during his second match, against Arsenal.
Sarri is currently being frustrated by smoking rules while on holiday in Ascoli-Piceno in Italy, with the fumes banned from the beach.
And while complaining about the restrictions while sunbathing, Sarri let slip how many fags he smokes a day.
“I smoke 60 a day, which is probably a few too many,” Sarri told La Nuova Riviera.
“I don’t particularly feel the need to smoke during games, but straight afterwards it really is necessary. I had back problems tormenting me for weeks, but I feel much better now.”
Sarri departed Chelsea earlier this month having secured Champions League football, reached the Carabao Cup final and won the Europa League, as he was unveiled as Juventus' new chief.
And while it is unknown what will happen to his smoking in Turin, Sarri will be forced to wear a Juve suit on the touchline due to a clause in his contract.
The tracksuit loving Sarri said: "I prefer not to wear a Juventus suit on the pitch.
"Off the pitch, when I represent Juventus, I am obliged to wear it and it is written in my contract.
"But on the pitch, I would prefer not to, but we will discuss it.
"The important thing, at my age, is they don't ask me to go naked."
- Body of star footballer who perished in lake accident foundFootball 2 weeks ago
- Meet the cute 19-year-old who will cost you Sh14 billionFootball 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Algeria Vs Guinea betting tip and predictionsFootball 1 week ago
- Zaha shows why Gunners want him as he sends Ivory Coast throughFootball 1 week ago
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Varsity don Waweru makes history as first Kenyan centre ref at AfconFootball 2 weeks ago