Kaya Tiwi School retain girls' netball title
National girls’ netball champions Kaya Tiwi School defended their title as Coast Region Secondary Schools Term Two at Malindi High School.
Two siblings Melda and Monica Oguda produced good performances for Kaya Tiwi as they beat their rivals St Charles Lwanga of Mombasa from the opening whistle to win in 57-10.
Melda, who is the team’s captain, said: “We played well as a team and our focus now is to retain the title at the national games in Kisumu.”
Kaya Tiwi drubbed Kibokoni 82-6 in a lop-sided match while St Charles Lwanga edged out Bura 26-24.
In girls under 19 football, national champions Kwale Girls thrashed Mombasa’s Mama Ngina 15-0 in their last preliminary match to set date with Mitangani in semi final.
In other semi finals, former national champions St Johns Kaloleni who white-washed Ngao 13-0 in their last preliminary match takes on Waa Girls.
In girls under 16, Waa humbled Katana Ngala 5-0 to qualify for finals while Mnywenzeni were to face Ngala Memorial in semi finals.
In boys under 16, Kwale Boys thrashed Madogo 6-0 in the semi final while Serani were set to meet Canon Kituri.
In volleyball girls, St John’s Kaloleni dismissed Mapimo 3-0 to qualify for the final and they were to square it out with St Peter’s of Mombasa who beat Mwangeka.
In volleyball boys, Kilifi’s Vitengeni who eliminated Lamu’s Lake Kenyatta were to face Shimoni in final. Shimoni edged out Mwaluphamba in semi finals.
- Katana nets winner as Bandari beat hard-fighting ZooFootball 14 hours ago
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 2 days ago
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 1 day ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 18 hours ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 2 days ago
- UCL hero’s dad reveals his thoughts on his son joining Man UnitedFootball 3 hours ago