Kenyans light up social media after Ayub Timbe’s pre-Afcon heroics
Kenyans, on Sunday, took to social media to express their delight after Harambee Stars winger Ayub Masika Timbe’s heroics during the Kenya vs Congo pre-Afcon friendly match.
In a 22-second Facebook video posted by Radio Africa Journalist Carol Radull, the Harambee stars and Beijing Renhe forward is seen storming past two Congolese players before producing a beautiful pass for Ogada Olunga to score the opener.
From the comments on the video, one gets to see just how much Kenyans are happy with their team’s performance ahead of their continental showdown.
During the friendly match, Kenya scored in the 26th minute through Michael Olunga’s low perfect shot that caught DRC keeper Ley Matampi in no man’s land.
Goalkeeper Patrick Matasi made a couple of brilliant saves to keep Kenya in the game but produced a howler when DRC’s Arthur Masuaku struck the ball below the Star’s wall from a foul outside the 18 area.
The custodian fumbled with the ball before he let it into the net for DRC’s leveller.
Despite the 1-1 draw, Kenyan still have high expectations ahead of the Afcon which is just around the corner.
- UEFA clears way in hope club football can returnFootball 2 days ago
- Willian says 'beautiful' Chelsea story is nearing end Football 2 days ago
- Manangoi asks colleagues not to give up, keep trainingAthletics 2 days ago
- Just cool down, Wimbledon is offTennis 2 days ago
- European football focusing on restart in July and AugustFootball 2 days ago
- Former world Marathon record holder and policeman Wilson Kipsang arrestedAthletics 2 days ago
- Two French doctors under fire after saying testing for a vaccine against coronavirus should be carried out in AfricaFootball 2 days ago