Chelsea star’s home raided, valuables worth millions stolen
Police in Madrid are pursuing armed robbers who raided Alvaro Morata’s home.
The incident took place on Friday night as the Chelsea star was on international duty playing for Spain in the Faroe Islands.
Police statements said that the intruders who were armed gained access to the house through an open window.
The property is located in the serene neighbourhood of La Moraleja north of Madrid.
The footballer’s wife Alice Campello and her twin sons were in the house with their nanny during the incident but luckily nobody was harmed.
The robbers are believed to have made away with valuables during the quick raid.
It is reported that the Spanish international was only made aware of the incident after Spain’s 4-1 triumph over the Faroe Islands.
The Spain Police Department now face an uphill task to arrest the criminals who have been targeting football stars’ homes while they are away playing matches.
Morata is not the first victim of this worrying spree as Barcelona star Arthur Melo’s house was also broken into last month. His brother, who was in the house at the time is reported to have been threatened with a weapon.
The Blues’ striker is currently enjoying a loan spell at Atletico Madrid while reflecting on his Chelsea nightmare.?
- Coronavirus: Liverpool-Atletico match linked to '41 more deaths'Football 1 day ago
- Tongoi grabs chance to rule top league with both handsBasketball 1 day ago
- Football’s greatest heists: How Liverpool beat Milan in IstanbulFootball 17 hours ago
- Why I decided to join Arsenal over Man United – FabregasFootball 1 day ago
- Swimming: Masakha plots for Olympics stardomSports 1 day ago
- Pigamingi: Are East Africa's Golf Clubs Ready for the New World Golf Handicapping System?Golf 1 day ago
- Revealed: How Inter Milan tried to sign Messi before his first Ballon d'OrFootball 1 day ago