Chelsea star’s home raided, valuables worth millions stolen
Police in Madrid are pursuing armed robbers who raided Alvaro Morata’s home.
The incident took place on Friday night as the Chelsea star was on international duty playing for Spain in the Faroe Islands.
Police statements said that the intruders who were armed gained access to the house through an open window.
The property is located in the serene neighbourhood of La Moraleja north of Madrid.
The footballer’s wife Alice Campello and her twin sons were in the house with their nanny during the incident but luckily nobody was harmed.
The robbers are believed to have made away with valuables during the quick raid.
It is reported that the Spanish international was only made aware of the incident after Spain’s 4-1 triumph over the Faroe Islands.
The Spain Police Department now face an uphill task to arrest the criminals who have been targeting football stars’ homes while they are away playing matches.
Morata is not the first victim of this worrying spree as Barcelona star Arthur Melo’s house was also broken into last month. His brother, who was in the house at the time is reported to have been threatened with a weapon.
The Blues’ striker is currently enjoying a loan spell at Atletico Madrid while reflecting on his Chelsea nightmare.?
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barca and Man City midfielder Yaya Toure has a new clubFootball 1 month ago