Ngala Girls win Kilifi county under 16 girls football title
New champions were crowned as Kilifi and Kwale County Secondary Schools Term Two games ended yesterday at several venues.
In Kilifi county games staged at Malindi High school, Ngala Girls edged out Katana Ngala 1-0 in the final to win girls under 16 crown.
Ngala had earlier proved critics wrong in the semi-finals after they beat Ganze girls 1-0 while Katana Ngala knocked out immediate former champions Kombeni 2-1 to earn a spot in finals. In play-off, Kombeni dismissed Ganze girls 2-1.
In girls under 19, St Johns Kaloleni showed little respect for arch rivals Mitangani thrashing them 9-0 in a one-sided final. St Johns Kaloleni retained girls’ volleyball title with straight sets against Kakoneni.
In Mombasa, Moi Forces Academy edged out Bomu 1-0 while Serani drubbed Mwakirunge 6-0 in semi-finals of boys’ under 19 at Tudor Day school. In girls under 19, Mama Ngina were declared winners after their opponents Valerye arrived late.
Serani lifted the boys under 16 trophy after beating Moi Forces 2-0. En route to the final, Serani edged out Khamis 1-0 while Moi Forces hit Shikaadabu 2-1. In girls contest, Mama Ngina beat Mbaraki girls 1-0 while Concodia silenced St Teresas 3-0 in semi-finals to qualify for the final.[
- Eliud Kipchoge on whether he can run normal marathon in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- Rugby: Kabras Sugar maintain winning sweetness in Kenya CupRugby 2 days ago
- Storms blunt Strathmore’s Swords to reach semi-finalsBasketball 2 days ago
- Stars jet back and set sights on Hawks tieFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Chebet and Kiplimo rule in Baringo 10km race Athletics 2 days ago
- Hockey: Scorpions sting at City Park too painful for SlidersHockey 2 days ago
- Athletics: Karanja and Wangui emerge victorious in Masai Mara raceAthletics 2 days ago