Barcelona make 'approach' for Manchester United superstar
Barcelona have made an approach for Manchester United star Marcus Rashford.
Nou Camp chief Ernesto Valverde wants to add the England hitman to his forward line alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
Rashford has just a year remaining on his contract at Old Trafford and he is yet to put pen to paper to the bumper £150,000-a-week offer on the table.
The Red Devils have the option of a further year on his deal, but Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus have been closely monitoring Rashford's situation.
However, Barcelona have made the 21-year-old a priority in this summer's transfer window, according to SPORT.
The Spanish publication claims Barcelona have already made an enquiry for Rashford, but United would be reluctant to sell the forward.
However, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has a good relationship with United chief Ed Woodward and they believe this could aid their bid to land Rashford.
The Manchester-born star has smashed 45 goals since bursting on to the scene as a teenager in 2016.
He netted 13 times for the Red Devils last season and enjoyed a new lease of life after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's arrival in December.
The Norwegian previously challenged Rashford to be a one-club man.
He said: “That would be fantastic. We know all the quality legends that we have had at this club who have stayed so long.
"They’ve been one club players and we hope Rashy is going to be one of them. It’s up to both him and us of course. If he keeps producing he will stay in the team.
“He’s 21, you’re excused if sometimes you really hit the highs and sometimes you’re a little bit off the pace.
"To be fair to Rashy, you don’t expect the consistency yet in all the play but he’s always got the quality. His finishing, his striking of the ball, his attitude - that is always going to be with him.”
- Top footballer declared missing after swimming accidentFootball 2 weeks ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 week ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 week ago
- So near yet so VAR for City: Tweet goes viral after Tottenham victoryFootball 3 months ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 week ago