Barcelona make 'approach' for Manchester United superstar
Barcelona have made an approach for Manchester United star Marcus Rashford.
Nou Camp chief Ernesto Valverde wants to add the England hitman to his forward line alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
Rashford has just a year remaining on his contract at Old Trafford and he is yet to put pen to paper to the bumper £150,000-a-week offer on the table.
The Red Devils have the option of a further year on his deal, but Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus have been closely monitoring Rashford's situation.
However, Barcelona have made the 21-year-old a priority in this summer's transfer window, according to SPORT.
The Spanish publication claims Barcelona have already made an enquiry for Rashford, but United would be reluctant to sell the forward.
However, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has a good relationship with United chief Ed Woodward and they believe this could aid their bid to land Rashford.
The Manchester-born star has smashed 45 goals since bursting on to the scene as a teenager in 2016.
He netted 13 times for the Red Devils last season and enjoyed a new lease of life after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's arrival in December.
The Norwegian previously challenged Rashford to be a one-club man.
He said: “That would be fantastic. We know all the quality legends that we have had at this club who have stayed so long.
"They’ve been one club players and we hope Rashy is going to be one of them. It’s up to both him and us of course. If he keeps producing he will stay in the team.
“He’s 21, you’re excused if sometimes you really hit the highs and sometimes you’re a little bit off the pace.
"To be fair to Rashy, you don’t expect the consistency yet in all the play but he’s always got the quality. His finishing, his striking of the ball, his attitude - that is always going to be with him.”
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 2 days ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 2 days ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 2 days ago
- Ireland must frustrate the hell out of All Blacks, says D'ArcyRugby 2 days ago