Liverpool advised to sell Champions League hero this summer for controversial reason
Former Liverpool defender Steve Nicol says the Reds should sell Champions League hero Divock Origi because he "doesn't make the squad better".
Origi made only cameo appearances for Liverpool last season but made some incredibly important contributions.
Against Everton, the Belgian netted an all-important winner in stoppage time in the Merseyside derby and bagged a brace in Liverpool's sensational Champions League comeback against Barcelona.
Origi was also on target in the European final, scoring the Reds' second against Tottenham to ensure the trophy was returning home to Liverpool.
The forward is very much in the good books of every Reds supporter on the planet right now, but Nicol reckons he should be moved on.
Speaking on ESPN, Nicol said: "For Liverpool's sake, they should get rid of him, let him go, depends on how harsh or nicely you want to put it.
"He has to go for his sake but for Liverpool's sake, they've got themselves into a place now where they need to think 'how do we take the next step?'
"And for me taking the next step is making the squad better and bigger. I don't feel that Divock Origi makes our squad better.
"Whenever he has played, whenever he has come on, generally for Firmino to give him a break, the level has dropped too far in my opinion. That's why ultimately they have to get rid of him.
"Now, he's going to be remembered forever and a day, not only for the Champions League goal in the final but obviously for the one against Barcelona and against Everton.
"So he will be remembered but unfortunately, as a player, he's just not good enough to be playing at the level Liverpool need to be every time they step on the field."
- Shock as Kenyan runner Abraham Kiptum is banned for four yearsAthletics 2 days ago
- Why Dope? What Abraham Kiptum is losing after four-year banAthletics 2 days ago
- Revealed: Mahrez could have been an Arsenal player…butGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Cancer survivor, father of three dies after boxing training session goes wrongBoxing 2 days ago
- Sterling dropped by England after clash with GomezFootball 2 days ago
- Man City to spend Sh11 billion to try catch up with Liverpool in JanuaryFootball 2 days ago
- Xhaka is NOT leaving Arsenal Football 2 days ago