Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang receives staggering '£300,000-a-week offer' to quit Arsenal
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly received a huge offer to quit the club for China.
Aubameyang enjoyed an excellent campaign for the Gunners sharing the Golden Boot with Liverpool pair Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.
The 29-year-old has two years left on his current Emirates deal and the Arsenal board have warned players will be sold if they do not commit their long-term future to the club.
And that has alerted Chinese Super League clubs, who are willing to offer Aubameyang huge sums this summer.
The Times reports Guangzhou Evergrande and Shanghai SIPG have both made moves for the Gabon striker.
It is claimed Aubameyang has been offered a contract worth around £300,000-a-week by the Chinese Super League outfits.
He currently earns close to £190,000-a-week at Arsenal and would receive a significant bump if he moves on.
Guangzhou were keen on the former Borussia Dortmund man before his transfer to north London in January 2018.
Arsenal are likely to need to sell players to provide transfer funds this summer with Unai Emery given a budget of just £40m.
But Aubameyang won't have been one of those players under consideration with Emery relying on him and strike partner Alexandre Lacazette.
Lacazette is also a reported target for Barcelona with both players on the radar of some of Europe's top clubs.
The likes of Mesut Ozil and Henrikh Mkhitaryan are among those who could go to free up funds to spend elsewhere.
Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser is a target but Arsenal are unlikely to move for Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha after missing out on the Champions League.
- Body of star footballer who perished in lake accident foundFootball 2 weeks ago
- Meet the cute 19-year-old who will cost you Sh14 billionFootball 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Algeria Vs Guinea betting tip and predictionsFootball 1 week ago
- Zaha shows why Gunners want him as he sends Ivory Coast throughFootball 1 week ago
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Varsity don Waweru makes history as first Kenyan centre ref at AfconFootball 2 weeks ago