GamerZ FC beat Hamburg FC to confirm their ticket to Red Bull Neymar Junior’s five in Brazil
The Red Bull Neymar Junior’s five tournament came to a close after an electrifying final at the City Park Hockey Stadium in Parklands in Nairobi.
Nairobi’s GamerZ FC secured their shot at clinching the world final title during the national final against Hamburg FC from Mombasa.
The final was a 10-team contest with teams from Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu taking part in the national qualifiers.
The Red Bull Neymar Junior’s Five is an annual tournament that aims to inspire and give wings to young footballers across the globe.
National finalists from every region visit and play at the foundation’s headquarter in Sao Paulo – Instituto Projeto Neymar Jr.
Each match lasts 10 minutes, there’s no goalkeeper and whenever a team scores, the other loses a player. You need to outplay them all to win your ticket to the World finals in Brazil.
The tournament was open to players aged 16 to 25.
Teams are allowed to pick two players above the age of 25.
Last year, over 125,000 players registered globally with Kenya registering over 2,000 participants. Defending champions Capital FM FC went to Brazil and conquered the group stages and into the first 16. GamerZ FC are expected to put up a fight and maybe bring the trophy back home.
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago