Manchester United set to sign £107million Barcelona target SUPERSTAR
Manchester United could make a £107million swoop for Barcelona target Antoine Griezmamn this summer.
France World Cup winner Griezmann has long been linked with a move to United, and is on the move this summer after announcing he is leaving Atletico Madrid.
And United are understood to be actively pursuing the prospect of signing Griezmann, in an audacious move that would make him their club record signing.
Barca were expected to meet Griezmamn’s £107m release clause, but doubts among the Nou Camp hierarchy over the long-term value of signing the 28-year-old have opened the door for United.
With United having all but given up hope of signing Borussia Dortmund and England forward Jason Sancho, playmaker Griezmann has emerged as the ideal alternative.
Despite United not being able to offer Champions League football next season, following their sixth place finish in the Champions League, Griezmann could be tempted by the prospect of being the playmaker around whom Ole Gunnar Solskjaer rebuilds his new-look team.
Signing Griezmann, who is a close friend of United’s £89m record signing Paul Pogba, could give the Reds a major boost in their attempts to keep their midfielder amid serious interest from Real Madrid this summer.
Griezmann’s hero growing up was former United midfielder David Beckham, and the Reds could entice him to Old Trafford with the promise of his idol’s iconic No.7 shirt, with Alexis Sanchez set to free it up by leaving this summer.
Griezmann scored 21 goals for Atleti in 48 games during the 2018-19 campaign.
After announcing his intention to leave the Wanda Metropolitano, the forward was jeered by supporters during a post-season friendly against Beitar Jerusalem.
- Football: Wanga shuts door on Stars after 12-year dutyFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago