Kroos extends Real Madrid deal until 2023
Toni Kroos has agreed a contract renewal with Real Madrid until the end of the 2022-23 season, the Spanish club said on Monday.
The 29-year-old Germany midfielder had been linked with a potential departure from the Santiago Bernabeu by Spanish media but instead has extended his stay for another four years.
Real are expected to sell several players this summer and overhaul their squad after a bitterly disappointing season in which they finished third in La Liga and were knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16.
Kroos signed for the club from Bayern Munich in 2014 and has made 233 appearances for the club, winning 11 trophies.
- England coach: Ronaldo, Messi wouldn't do what rugby players doRugby 1 day ago
- Kenya 7s eye Tokyo Olympics qualifiersRugby 1 day ago
- Victory for Kenyans at last in the ICC T20Cricket 1 day ago
- Hansen preps All Blacks for unlikely kicking contest against EnglandRugby 1 day ago
- FKF sweats over Sh125m paid for OB van yet to be deliveredFootball 18 hours ago
- Athletics: Simui sets eyes on Standard Chartered 10km race titleAthletics 18 hours ago
- Diamond League format denies Kenyans more incomeAthletics 18 hours ago