Pogba told what he must do to force Real Madrid transfer from Man Utd
Paul Pogba has been told By Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane that he must force through a move to Real Madrid this summer - or miss out.
But with Manchester United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward keen to keep hold of Pogba, that means only one thing - United's record signing must hand in a transfer request.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer faces the daunting task of rebuilding his squad this summer - and will look to young players, with the club leading the race for Swansea City winger Daniel James.
Pogba, who joined United for £89m three years ago, has been widely linked with a move away this summer, having struggled to win over fans at Old Trafford.
The 26-year-old was heckled by some fans after United's embarrassing 2-0 home defeat to relegated Cardiff on the final day of the Premier League season, and the midfielder has previously said joining La Liga giants Real would be 'a dream'.
Pogba is eyeing the United exit door for a second time and is hoping that his idol Zinedine Zidane will make a former offer to the Old Trafford club in the coming weeks.
Zidane, who recently returned to Real Madrid with a brief to turn them back into European football's dominant force, is believed to be keen on his fellow Frenchman.
And the Madrid boss has told Pogba if he wants to switch to the Bernabeu it has to be now or never, according to The Sun.
The report says Woodward believes it would damage United's global image if they were to sell one of world football's biggest stars, with United already suffering after their poor end to the season saw them miss out on a Champions League spot.
However, Solskjaer is not likely to want unhappy players on his hands, so could sanction a £120m switch.
Earlier this week, Pogba gave United hope that he would stay at Old Trafford for next season after taking part in the promotional campaign for the club’s new 2019/20 home shirt.
- World Athletics Championships: AK names strong line up despite stars missing outAthletics 1 month ago
- Man United ‘agree deal’ with Swansea for attackerFootball 3 weeks ago
- Player’s wages to soar from Ksh 514,000 to Ksh 8.6 m -a-week! If he signs for Man UnitedFootball 1 week ago
- Kylian Mbappe on the move? Premier League clubs on red alertGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Guardiola: Man City could have lost Premier League after Tottenham gameFootball 1 month ago
- Former Arsenal star deadFootball 1 month ago
- Half time at Goodison Park, Gunners trail by a single Jagielka goalFootball 2 months ago