Video: Shock as boxer collapses on podium at weigh-in
The featherweight boxing clash between Ryan Garner and Jose Hernandez will not occur as planned. This is after the former collapsed on the podium following a weigh in.
The fight was supposed to be among the undercards for the WBO world super-middleweight title showdown between Billy Joe Saunders and Shefat Isufi at Stevenage's Lamex Stadium on Saturday.
No reports have been received over what happened to the 21-year-old Southampton based boxer, however, there has been a confirmation that he will not honour his fight on Saturday evening.
One of Britain's most talented prospects, Ryan Garner, collapsed at today's Saunders-Isufi weigh-in.
Hopefully he's okay. He looked dreadful on the scales. pic.twitter.com/NJu1nPwxtV — British Boxing News (@BritBoxingNews) May 17, 2019
Garner, aka ‘Piranha’ left the stage to re-hydrate before returning to face Hernandez. He appeared to sway on his way back to his team before he collapsed
The event organizers will now be forced to find other undercard fighters for Saunders’ WBO fight as Garner will not be able to take to the ring.
Saunders has endured turbulent times within which he lost his title and was hit with a Ksh 12.8 million fine for a demeaning social media post.
But the British boxer could become a two-weight world Champion if he wins on Saturday, which could open the gates for bigger fights.
- 10 football stars who have dated the same womenFootball 2 months ago
- Man United fans sweating after 'famous Mino Raiola's' reported comebackFootball 1 week ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 2 months ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago
- Man City star spotted in night club at 3:30 am - hours before Premier League match [Photos]Premier League 2 months ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 2 months ago
- TRANSFER: Arsenal agree terms with world class defender Football 2 days ago