Conor McGregor building houses for the homeless as UFC star gives back to community
Conor McGregor has revealed he is building houses for Dublin's homeless.
The former two-weight UFC champion posted an update on the property development on Instagram as he took a tour of the site.
He said he expects the project to be completed soon and to be able to start moving families into the homes.
McGregor wrote: "Back on the site today, it has been a while. This is my first property development; we have eight homes here closing in on finish.
"Three bedroom houses, designated for families that currently reside in hotels around the capital, without a home to call their own. But not for long; through the storm comes the sun!
"Walking around this land and these homes today, meeting all the neighbors, knowing that soon there will be families living here, creating their own memories, and building back their lives, gives me great pride!"
McGregor has not fought since his one-sided defeat by lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov last October.
The Irishman 'retired' for a second time earlier this year but quickly reversed his decision and is expected to return to the Octagon.
His coach John Kavanagh confirmed as much earlier this week but insisted he is unsure of the timeline.
He said: "I don't think [me cornering Conor] is in doubt. I'm sure I'll be there; we talk almost daily.
"He doesn't have a fight lined up yet but as soon as he does we'll get the old gang back together and starting plotting, training and I'm sure he'll steal the show again, which I've no doubt he'll do.
"I honestly don't know [if he will return this year]. That's a question for Conor, he's got a lot of other stuff going on so I'll just be honest and say I don't know."
- Athletes set for Kabarak Half MarathonAthletics 9 hours ago
- New 7s team coach Feeney promises to turn around Shujaa fortunes Rugby 6 hours ago
- SportPesa: We’re waiting for betting board nod to resume full operationFootball 21 hours ago
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 2 days ago
- Wambui and Kageha out of Kenya team to world meetAthletics 8 hours ago
- Rugby World Cup kicks off with outstanding opening ceremony [Photos]Rugby 19 hours ago
- Teenager Saka scores as Arsenal win at Frankfurt in Europa LeagueFootball 1 day ago