Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next season
Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have been both formally awarded club licences by the English Football Association to play in the Women’s Super League next season.
United won the second-tier Women’s Championship with a resounding 7-0 victory over Crystal Palace last month, 11 months after the team made a comeback since being scrapped in 2005.
Spurs sealed second spot and promotion with a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa earlier this month.
The FA also confirmed Blackburn Rovers and Coventry United have been awarded licences for next season’s Championship.
Rovers clinched the Women’s National League Northern Premier Division title by a 21-point margin to seal promotion to the second division, while Coventry finished top of the Southern Division.
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 12 hours ago
- Kenya confident as inaugural Africa fiesta kicks offAthletics 3 hours ago
- Malkia Strikers make false start in JapanVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago
- Arsenal fans, will you accept this defender's heartfelt apology? Football 15 hours ago
- Blow for Kenya as Manangoi is ruled out of Doha WorldsAthletics 3 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 14 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo breaks down in tears during TV interview after seeing late dad Football 17 hours ago