Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next season
Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have been both formally awarded club licences by the English Football Association to play in the Women’s Super League next season.
United won the second-tier Women’s Championship with a resounding 7-0 victory over Crystal Palace last month, 11 months after the team made a comeback since being scrapped in 2005.
Spurs sealed second spot and promotion with a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa earlier this month.
The FA also confirmed Blackburn Rovers and Coventry United have been awarded licences for next season’s Championship.
Rovers clinched the Women’s National League Northern Premier Division title by a 21-point margin to seal promotion to the second division, while Coventry finished top of the Southern Division.
- Former Super Eagles star Ikpeba to grace Soya galaSports 2 days ago
- FA hit back at Klopp and Guardiola Premier League 1 day ago
- Farah to face Bekele in Big Half race in LondonAthletics 2 days ago
- Klopp rules out Liverpool sales in transfer windowPremier League 2 days ago
- For three good years: K’Ogalo get new kit samples from UmbroFootball 2 days ago
- Man United boss Solskjaer favourite to be sacked next Gossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Kenya Sevens face challenging task in Hamilton legRugby 23 hours ago