Shock as Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola banned days to summer transfer window
Super-agent Mino Raiola has been suspended by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), right on the eve of the summer transfer window.
The surprise ruling was announced on Wednesday by the Commissione Procuratori Sportivi (a union of sports agents), via the FIGC.
Relevant authorities have, however, so far given no formal report as to why they have banned Raiola.
His cousin, Vincenzo Raiola, was banned for two months.
The Italian-born Dutch football agent represents a number of well-known players, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Marco Verratti, Gianluigi Donnarumma and Mario Balotelli.
He was also the agent of former Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved for many years.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago