AFC Leopards meet Slum boys as Gor Mahia face big test
Posta Rangers coach John Kamau is confident he will not fall victim to the relagation misery in the Sportpesa Premier League this season.
The mailmen, who welcome third-placed Bandari in an early kick off match in Machakos today, found themselves only six points above the drop zone ahead of their remaining seven fixtures of the campaign.
The 2pm match will be followed by a crunch tie between title hopefuls Sofapaka and Tusker at 4.15pm.
Batoto Ba Mungu, who are just seven points behind league leaders Gor Mahia (59), will be seeking for a win as they pray for the 17-time Kenyan champions to stumble against Western Stima in Kisumu.
“We are trying to run our own race and it doesn’t matter what happens with the other teams. We just need to continue grinding out the results and see what happens in the next few weeks. But if Gor Mahia slip ups well and good,” said Sofapaka coach John Barasa.
And fresh from getting a 2-0 walk over win against Nzoia Sugar, eighth ranked AFC Leopards face a test of character when they host a tactical Mathare United in a highly anticipated match at Bukhungu Stadium.
Though Leopards are desperate to avenge their first leg 2-0 defeat to the fourth-placed Slum boys, it will not be a walk in the park for them as Francis Kimanzi’s men are also enjoying a fine run.
Rangers have registered mixed results in their last six matches; two wins, two draws and two losses.
But with the quality in the team, the former Thika United coach is convinced the mailmen will lift themselves away from trouble. “To be very honest with you, I as a coach I’m not thinking about relegation,” said Kamau.
It was the same message from Western Stima coach Salim Babu as the 13th placed powermen prepare to face fancied K’Ogalo at Moi Stadium. “Our immediate target is to avoid relegation then start planning for next season,” said Babu.
- Forget it! Werner's agent sends message to Man United and Chelsea over Liverpool transferGossip & Rumours 9 hours ago
- Wanyama joins protests against police brutality in Kenya and US Gossip & Rumours 11 hours ago
- Man City set for lengthy UEFA ban appeal - leading to Premier League confusionPremier League 11 hours ago
- Top 10 boxers of all time unveiled as Mike Tyson fails to make star-studded listBoxing 11 hours ago
- Tottenham player tests positive for Covid-19 days to league restartPremier League 18 hours ago