Cecafa to host first ever Under-15 regional tournament in Eritrea
Council for East and Central Africa Football Association will host it’s first ever Under-15 regional tournament in Eritrea.
The move is meant to develop the region’s capacity at this level according to Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa.
The FKF boss was speaking when the federation launched a partnership with Egyptian-based Wadidegla club to provide quality training for the national Under-15 team.
“We have decided as a region to pay more attention in promoting youth football and towards this end, we will host the first-ever Under-15 regional tournament in Eritrea in August,” he said.
Mwendwa said the country’s Under-15 side remains the biggest hope for Kenya to make an impact in the future.
“This is the future of our country because we are investing in them and allowing them to train in a world-class facility.
“They are staying together and doing everything as a unit. It can only get better.”
He also announced that the federation will launch technical partnerships to help beef up the coaching department.
“Every year we will bring in new children into the program to ensure we have continuity.”
Wadidegla Sports Director Hassan Arrousy said the partnership with FKF will lead to the development of youth football.
“This partnership portends an exciting bright new future for local football,” he said.
He also said that they are in talks with other federations for similar partnerships.
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 1 month ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago