Kâ€™Ogalo tackle Tusker in action-packed weekend
Record Kenyan champions Gor Mahia will be seeking to open a seven-point gap at the top of the SportPesa Premier League when they face with Tusker in today’s 4.15pm encounter at Kenyatta, Stadium, Machakos.
This is expected to be the first match for Ugandan midfielder Hashim Sempala against his former employers since ditching the brewers a few weeks ago.
The tie to be preceded by a 2pm kick off match between KCB and resurgent Kakamega Homeboyz at the same venue will be the highlight of an action packed weekend of football with two double headers.
A total of eight fixtures are scheduled to be played today and tomorrow across the country.
As K’Ogalo aim to continue consolidating their grip at the summit after getting three easy points following mid-week’s 2-0 walk-over win against cash-strapped Mt Kenya United, second placed Sofapaka will be looking to keep pace with the champions when they battle with Mathare United in Machakos tomorrow.
The early kick-off match will be followed by another eagerly awaited fixture between AFC Leopards and third placed Bandari.
But with Tusker having proven to be a difficult team for Gor to beat in the recent past, captain Harun Shakava has challenged his teammates to be at their best if they want to retain their title for the third consecutive season.
“It’s always tough to play against Tusker but we are ready to face them.
“Of course, the fixture congestion has somehow affected our performance in the last few matches but we are motivated by our depth and fighting spirit,” Shakava said.
“We might have a healthy lead at the top of the table, but I think it’s too early to start celebrating.
“We still have many matches to go and we need to be at our best to defend the title,” Shakava said.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago